EL PL Portal paralegal
JDI Legal - North East recruitment specialists are currently instructed by a Newcastle law firm recruiting 1-2 new claims handlers for their EL PL portal team.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a talented and motivated claims handler/paralegal to join a busy and fast paced EL PL Team and work within the smaller sub team dealing with portal work from commencement to conclusion.
Applications are encouraged from paralegals or claims handlers who are currently working in personal injury currently and have experience of dealing with claims in the portal. IT literacy is also essential as the firm do rely on a case management system.
Day to day duties include:
1. Checking and review of initial information
2. Identifying and processing files to be rejected
3. Checking recording of important dates (e.g. limitation)
4. Entering claim details on the EL PL Portal.
5. Keeping individual client database and files up to date
6. Reviewing files and reporting regularly to clients, referrers, team leaders or others
7. Liaising with medical and other experts
8. Liaising and negotiating with insurers, solicitors, courts, Counsel and other agencies
9. Valuing claims for Pain Suffering and Loss of Amenity.
10. Completing Schedules of Special Damages.
11. Preparing files for issue for court proceedings
12. Preparing files for assessment of damages and trial
13. Reporting to team leader any difficulties or delays on files
14. Attending team meetings
15. Providing statistics in relation to files handled upon request
16. Dealing promptly with telephone enquiries from clients, referrers and others
17. Assisting other team members as necessary
18. To carry out such other duties as might reasonably be requested by the Partners
This is a full time role, 9-5pm and in a very central location. Great working conditions and a supportive team with excellent staff retention.
Should you be considering a move or wish to discuss this opportunity in more detail do get in touch with our Jillian McKenzie.
|Expires On :||Jun 25, 2019|
|Contract Type :||Permanent|
|Salary :||£20,000 to £25,000|
|Location :||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Sector :||Private Practice|
|Experience :||1 PQE
|Point of contact :||Jillian McKenzie|